ORGANIC LAMB BURGERS
I made these amazing burgers this week for the family and they were so delicious.
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/3 pounds organic ground lamb
- 4 whole grain hamburger buns or gluten-free buns
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach
- 1 1/3 cups crumbled organic goat or sheep feta cheese (optional; omit for all dairy sensitive)
- 4 thin red onion slices
- 1 1/2 teaspoons aged balsamic vinegar
Mix first 3 ingredients and 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in medium bowl; mix in lamb. Shape into four 3/4-inch-thick patties. Cook patties in a large skillet brushed with a little olive oil over medium-high heat 4 minutes per side for medium.
Preheat broiler and broil buns until golden, about 2 minutes or brush them with olive oil and put inside of buns face down on the grill. Top each bun bottom bun with a burger. Toss spinach, feta (if using), onion, vinegar, and 11/2 tablespoons oil in a bowl. Place the 1/4 of the mixture on top of burgers. Cover with bun tops, pressing firmly to compact. Enjoy!!